Always there to help you
At Glassdrive, we’re serious about cars. Our speciality? Repairing your windshield. Have you noticed a crack in your windscreen? Has your windscreen just sustained a major impact on the road? Are you unsure about a small damaged spot and need an expert opinion? We are here to help you. Repair or replace: We guarantee the best option for your windscreen.
Windscreen experts for your car
At Glassdrive, our mission is to serve you. Our team of 1,300 throughout Europe are working every day to make your journey easier and safer. Our motivation: to offer you the perfect experience.
- An expert for what your windscreen really needs: Should you repair or replace your windscreen? At Glassdrive, we always prioritise repair. This is our commitment to a more sustainable world. Whenever possible, we always offer to repair your windscreen (rather than replace it).
- Experts with advanced tools: As windscreen specialists, we are equipped with professional tools to make sure your windscreen is repaired perfectly. Or efficient replacement of your windscreen if needed.
- Expert flexibility: We don’t overbook appointments. Once your appointment is made, we only reschedule in case of unforeseen circumstances. Do you have an emergency? Come and see us and we will repair it right away in 30 minutes, or we will work with you to find an appointment that suits you best. Not able to come to your nearest Glassdrive centre? Our mobile intervention service will help you wherever you are.
My windscreen is damaged. How will you repair it?
At Glassdrive, we always prioritise repairing your windscreen. Why can we do this? Because your windscreen is made of laminated glass. This means that it’s composed of three sheets. Two sheets of glass surround a central plastic sheet. This plastic sheet acts as a buffer, absorbing shocks and preventing the windscreen from breaking into small pieces. This is what also facilitates the repair, under certain conditions.
How we repair your windscreen:
- Cleaning the damage on the windscreen: Our experts clean the damaged area. The objective? We do not want any residue (stones, dust, pollen, etc.) left in the cracks.
- Injecting the resin into the crack: Then our experts inject clear resin to fill the crack in the windscreen.
- Heating the resin: Once the resin has been injected into the crack, heat is used to harden it.
- Polishing the windscreen: Finally, the surface of your windscreen is polished around the repaired area to remove any excess material and ensure perfect visibility.
The result of your windscreen repair? A small spot, usually invisible to the naked eye, sometimes a little more pronounced. In any case, a repair by our team ensures perfect visibility and does not compromise the overall aesthetics of your car.
In the event of damage, how do I know whether to repair or replace my windscreen?
Our experts are at your disposal in your nearest Glassdrive centre. However, by answering 5 simple questions, you can make a pre-diagnosis yourself and estimate whether the damage can be repaired:
- Is it a crack?
- Are there 4 or more damaged spots?
- Is the damage in the driver’s field of vision?
- Is the damage less than 4 cm from the edge of the windscreen?
- Is any damage greater than 2.5 cm in diameter?
If you answered "yes" to one or more of these questions, your windscreen needs to be replaced to ensure safe driving. At Glassdrive, we are here to help you get back on the road as soon as possible!
If you answered "no" to all the questions: Good news - we will be able to repair your windscreen so that you can drive safely. Just one thing! Is your windscreen athermic or heated? The technology used in this case means that this type of damage can’t be repaired. Your windscreen needs to be replaced for your safety.