SOS broken glass: Walk-in repair
An emergency? We are at your side.
Did you just slam your boot too quickly on a large load, causing your rear window to fall apart? Was your side window hit by a projectile on the road and shattered? Worse, was your car burglarised and a window broken? In the event of broken glass, at Glassdrive, we intervene in an emergency so that you can get back on the road with complete peace of mind.
Broken car window: What to do?
If you have just experienced a crash on the road or found your parked car with a broken window, you may be in shock. And this is normal. At Glassdrive, we are here to help you. Here are some tips on how to act quickly and effectively in the event of a broken window...
Should I contact my insurance company in the event of broken glass?
Yes, you should contact your insurance company in the event of broken glass in two cases:
- If the car window was broken on purpose and items belonging to you were stolen: the first thing to do is to contact your insurance company to report the break-in and theft.
- If the car window has been broken and other parts of your car are also damaged: also contact your insurance company to declare all your damages.
In all other cases, there is no need to contact your insurance company before having your car glass replaced. At Glassdrive, we repair your windows and contact your insurance company directly. You don't have to fill in any paperwork and you don't have to pay anything!
Priority 1: Secure your vehicle at one of our centres.
Because you will probably need your car to remain mobile, and if it cannot be parked in a private, enclosed area, the car must be locked immediately. Come to the Glassdrive centre most convenient for you and we will apply a plastic film to the area of your broken window. This will allow you to get back on the road protected from noise, rain, wind and cold. This protects the interior of your car and deters further break-ins to some extent. Finally, of course, we will arrange a quick appointment to replace your glass.
Broken glass: Repair to original quality
We support all makes and models of vehicles and guarantee a replacement part of the same quality as your original window. For this purpose, we work mainly with Sekurit Service, the Saint-Gobain Group's expert brand for automotive glazing. Rear window, side windows, sunroof or panoramic roof... Sekurit Service delivers the perfect part for your situation within 1 to 3 days.
Some tips when it comes to avoiding broken glass
Here are the tips from our car glazing experts to avoid a broken window:
- Keep your distance: when overtaking or driving around a mower on the side of the road to avoid stones being thrown up and breaking a side window. But also when mowing at home, remember to park your vehicle further away.
- Keep out of sight: never leave visible objects inside your car. Even if they are not valuable items, they can be a magnet for criminals.
- Take action: if you have to transport bulky objects (furniture, lawnmower, bicycle, materials, etc.), remember to check that your boot can be closed without breaking the rear window or that your load will not slide off at the first brake stroke and hit a window.
- Securely fasten: if you wish to transport a bicycle on a bicycle rack that is mounted on the tailgate of your vehicle, follow the installation instructions carefully. Secure the device to avoid vibrations and ensure that the bicycles do not rest directly on the tailgate.