Windscreen repair: the fast and efficient solution
Repair without an appointment in 30 minutes flat!
Aggregate falling from a construction truck, road gravel thrown up by a passing car, stones ejected by a roadside mower… Have you just experienced or noticed damage to your windscreen? It is important to analyse it carefully to decide on how to fix it. If the damage is not in the driver’s field of vision and is not too large, a simple repair could be all that is needed to keep driving safely.
Repair or replace your windscreen: The right evaluation by specialists
As a driver, it is up to you to make sure your vehicle is in good condition. A major crack in your windscreen could result in a fine. How do you know if your windscreen just needs a simple repair or if it needs to be replaced? At Glassdrive, we identify the best solution for the damage to your windscreen. Because a simple repair saves you time, money and limits the impact your vehicle has on the environment.
Our job at Glassdrive: Saving you time and money
If the damage to your windscreen is not too serious, a simple repair can get you back on the road with peace of mind. What’s in it for you? A quick intervention in 30 minutes at your nearest Glassdrive centre. It’s also less expensive: no risk of fines and no need to use your insurer’s glass breakage warranty.
- We will repair your windscreen unless:
- The damage is larger than 25 mm in diameter
- The damage is located less than 4 cm from the edge of the windscreen
- The damage is in the driver’s field of vision
- You have 4 or more damaged spots
- Your windscreen is athermic or heated
- We will take care of it in 30 minutes flat:
- Repair without an appointment! We repair your windscreen in 30 minutes without an appointment. If you prefer to book a time slot you can do so here [make an appointment; call us]
- Express repair: We deep-clean the glass, inject a resin, heat and polish it, then clean your windscreen.
- Peace of mind is part of the deal: If you have car insurance with a glass breakage warranty, we will handle the paperwork directly with your insurer.
The right thing to do if your windscreen is damaged
What should you do when you notice damage to your windscreen? The first thing is of course to make a repair appointment as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend that you apply a small piece of transparent adhesive tape to protect the damaged area from dust, pollen or rain. If you can, come to one of our Glassdrive centres and we can provide you with a protective patch while you wait for the repair appointment.
Find a Glassdrive centre near me
How can you avoid future damage to your windscreen?
While it is difficult to anticipate an impact on your windscreen, you can reduce the risk of damaging your car by sticking to a few good habits:
- Keep a safe distance: keep a safe distance from vehicles in front of you (especially trucks with open tippers).
- Slow down on dangerous roads: to reduce the risk of projectiles, slow down on roads that are under construction or covered with gravel.
- Maintain a safety margin: especially when overtaking a mowing machine operating on the side of the road.